Melhor jogador jovem da Liga em agosto e setembro

Gelson Martins distinguido pelo Sindicato dos Jogadores Profissionais de Futebol
19 October, 2016

Gelson Martins was elected, by the Professional Players of Football Union, for the best youngster in the months of August and September. The 21 –year- old winger, one of the key elements of the Lions this season, and for this reason, rewarded with this award by the organization.  With 19,23 percent of the vote, Gelson Martins raised the award, beating his competition, FC Porto´s Andre Silva and Benfica´s Gonçalo Guedes.  The award is decided by the three daily sports newspapers (A Bola, Record, and O Jogo), that have 60 percent of the final vote and the rest of the 40 percent of the vote are taken on the site SJPF, where they tally the ten players with the highest score in the three daily sports newspapers.